RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Black Rose Ocean

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
The Story

The year is 1698. A girl named Angie lives in the little coast town of Santa Maria.
She lives a life in nobility, because of her father, who's the towns mayor. Angie is not happy with her life, and dreams that one day set sail in her own ship, and sail all around the world.

This is about to change. One day, her town is attacked a by pirates. Under the attack, Angie runs in Curtis Bronzebeard, a pirate captian. His pirates is attacking the town, and he decides to rob Angie. Her boyfriend at that time, the great Admiral Leoné, is killed by a group of Curtis pirates, trying to protect her, and just before Curtis is going to rob her, she's saved by the female pirate captian, Rose Rosén. Rose decides to help Angie revenge on Curtis, but there is only one way to do this. Angie becomes a pirate.

The Gameplay

You will be able to:

*You are going to be able to sail on the seas, and attack other pirate ships, and even other types of ships.

*Good our bad parameter. This shows if you are a nice pirate, or if you are the worst pirate on the seven seas.

*Explore some new islands, and search after hidden treasures under your adventure.

The characters:

Angie Gemini
A young noble girl who decides to join a pirate captian in search for revenge. She's pretty childish, and hates to be taken lightly for this. She lived a unhappy life in Santa Maria, a French city in the carribian coast. She use to hang with her firnd, Will.

Rose Rosén:
Female pirate captian over the Crusader. She help ladies in danger, either if they are attacked by pirates, or by drunken and evil husband. and robes only male pirates, and she has a reason for this, but that's a secret.

Will Wattson:
Will lives on the streets. He's Angies best friend, but he's hated by her parents. He also wants to sail on the seas some day, and he really want to find the 7 Treasures.

The Seven Treasures

1: Ocean Dreams: Made by Pure Silver and blue diamonds.

2: Krakens tentacel: The tentacel from the beast Kraken.

3: The Crown Of Salt: Rumors says that this is the sea kings crown.

4: Mermaid Pearls: Made by a beautyfull mermaid.

5: Orb Of Water: A blue orb, wich contains the first water ever created.

6: Coral Bandana: A bandana made by a unike coral, with a golden color.

7: Black Beards Chest Of Gold: Black Beards chest of gold. The chest os also made by gold, with 5 types of diamonds, each in different color.

Screenshots.

Welcome To Santa Maria

Santa Maria is acctully made by 10 maps.

This is all I have to say now. Hope I get any comment.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 02:57:54 PM by Black Shadow »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
this looks promising, I like the premise and the Fable-esque good+bad meter.

I'll wait for a demo and then give you some real critique ;D

edit: why are you using a leaf fog on a coastal town?

300th post woo!

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
your seaside mapping looks kickass.
nice work~!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, seriously. It looks really nice

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Wow, that's some nice map work...

Rep:
Level 89
Thxs everyone. Demo will be out soon.

But I want to ask where I can get a bad/good parameter script? I can't release a demo until I find one.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Good / Bad Script...

I wouldn't bother with a script, I would add a Fortune teller in each town that tells you if your closer to heaven or hell...

And they way I would do that is by making LOADS of switches, for each event you do give multi Choice a good choice and a not so good choice... And that activates the switches...

Just have the Fourtune tellers real off what things you have done in your quest and what the consiquences are from those choices...

I think using switches to control this rather than a metter would help your story take different branches based on the switches that are on or off

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I would use a variable. That's way too many switches los. Also, it's not hard to have it show up in the menu if you want it too. All you have to do is use $game_variables[XXX] (XXX is the ID of the variable), and you would need to write it out. Or you could make a meter, and have the value of  XXX determine where an indicator shows up. Just post and tell me if that is what you want, and I can work on it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
this would be cool for me to try learning how to script.
adding a numerical value to status, then incrementing it with a game variable.
lemme see if I can figure out the code for ya.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 89
It would be great if someone could take a look on this.

I also found a script for this on creationasylum, but the demo link is to old, and I don't get the script to work :-\

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
May I ask how you did all of that mapping? That's some of the best mapping ever!

Rep:
Level 89
Training and experience my friend..

When I make a game, I want the mapping to look amazing. I really don't like ugly and non detailed maps.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, the maps are nice. I'll make the script for you on Friday if you don't mind. I have exams tomorrow so I need to study today.

Rep:
Level 89
That sounds great. Thx :D

I also did an update in the story. Check in the first post.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
<3 yours sea-side mapping. It looks great. :)
Storyline is nice too. :)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yeah, I have to learn how to map better well, I've only had rmxp for about three months, but that's no excuses.

Hey, I might have some resources for you.

Rep:
Level 89
What kind of resources?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'll have to check, I have tons of odd ball things.

Rep:
Level 89
Ok :)

Changed the graphic on Angie. Here she's in a noble dress. And this is the best map I have done.

Rep:
Level 89
Update:

Nearly done with Santa Maria. Gonna work on the world map now, wich is going to be a very hard work..

IM gonna start with caribia, and then continue with America and South America.

~Black Shadow

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Wow, you're doing all of the americas? Good for YOU! We need people like you who will actually do tons of work on their games just to tweak them down to the spine. I respect you!

Rep-ed up, Black Shadow.

Hey, I didn't fully read where this is set, where is it? And maybe I could help with some mapping.

Also, I can get you some armor and some weapon icons if that's what you're looking for, also stuff like turkey and stuff.

Rep:
Level 89
Well, I need someone that could find the best world map tileset. It's going to take a very, very long time to make the worldm map..

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, I already have it, but I don't use it that often.

Two Updates!

Update One: Should I make the whole world, or should I only stay to Caribian? It's a damn hard work to do the whole world.

Update Two: Im acctully going to work with Rm2k for a while, so this game would take a break. Maybe I should make this game to Rm2k instead, but who knows.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'm really good with the world map, if you take a break, I can work on it for a while.

What would you like?