RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project: Quest for the Three Rings

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
This is going to be a small, simple game mainly to give me experience at making maps, events, characters, items, monsters, quests, etc. Really just something to get familuer with the program and its functions. But I was thinking, if I'm going to go to all the trouble of making a game, even a short one, why not give it to the people? So, I have made this for those that care to keep track of my progress and throw in tips if they want.

There is not much right now as I am still deveoping the idea and as a result, changing things every day.

Quest for the Three Rings

The Story

The Hero

The Villian

Screens
Some early screenshots:
Thanks to guys that made the tuts on houses and interiors. You know who you are.
Town
Spoiler for:

Shop Interior
Spoiler for:

A couple of house Interiors
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

Library Interior
Spoiler for:

Game Progress
Story - 1%
Weapons and Armor - Some of 12 - <5%
Items - 8 of ? - <5%
Quest Items - 3 of ? - 1%
Monsters - 0 of ? - 0%
World Maps - .5 of 5? - 10%
Dungeon Maps - 0 of 10? - 0%

Updates
-Added some screenshots
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 10:09:53 PM by Jangles »
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Great idea! thats my same reason to make "epic game' is to learn how to better use the program.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
The mapping is still a litle.. empty

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
Well, Snail, I sain they are early screens and They are changing, but what do you think of the interiors? Are they too empty too?
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Yeah, they could use some "filling up". But apart from that, the places are nice. I'd just like to ask one thing: Where is the story and all the other stuff? A long, white line doesn't say a lot... And the Three Rings sounds pretty interesting. I hope you can come up with some characters soon, because that (and the story etc.) will prolly make more ppl want to check this out, and play the game. ;D
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I don't think the map looks empty, just to......neat.  With everything all in perfect rectangles and next to something of the same (for example, two rows of barrels and three bottles, then three jugs, then...)
My suggestion would be to messed it up a bit.  Keep it tidy, but a bit less organised, then it can even spread out more and kill some of that empty space.

Have you got a base story idea that at least led to the name, because as DemonicBlade said, the name sounds interesting.  You could possibly post that and let us all hear?  :)

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I would love the story to.
Also though its mentioned, the maps are pretty empty but for some of them like the house interior, you could make it smaller just to give it that "Its full" feeling.
But you are going in the right direction, good luck  ;8
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
With everything all in perfect rectangles and next to something of the same (for example, two rows of barrels and three bottles, then three jugs, then...)
My suggestion would be to messed it up a bit.  Keep it tidy, but a bit less organised, then it can even spread out more and kill some of that empty space.
Yeah, at least doing that would be good.
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!