RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Putting BGS to BGM in RM2k3/2k

Rep:
Level 87
What this is about: This tutorial will show you guys how to place background sounds from RMXP into your RM2K3/2K games.

What you'll need: The .ogg filed BGS's from RMXP (I export all mine, but you can search them on Internet also), a little application known as Audacity which is free and small and allows you to convert from .ogg to .wav, and of course, RM2K3/2K!

Link to Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Ok, I'll go about this with you the way I did myself. I have RM2K3 and RMXP.

Step 1. - Export the BGS you want to use, then open it up in Audacity. On the time line of Audacity, find out how many seconds long the BGS is. Click on file, then "export as wave".

Step 2. - Import the .wav in RM2K3 as Sound Effect. On your map create an event and set it to parallel process. Play the Sound Effect, then set a wait under it for however long the SE was when you opened it in Audacity.

Step 3. - Just apply your BGM to the map in a different event or in Map Properties and you're all set :) I know it isn't as easy as RMXP, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 10:04:27 PM by Amalgamadora »
Refrain from calculating your juvenile poultry prior to the incubation process's execution.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
=D
Really nice!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
Thank you :) This also works for the BGMs in RMXP, if you like it's RTP music better.
Refrain from calculating your juvenile poultry prior to the incubation process's execution.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Added this to TUT index under 2k3.  ;)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Supercool! =D
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 87
Supercool! =D

Thanks! Yeah, this makes the towns a lot more realistic in my opinion ;D

Rep:
Level 87
Mine won't let me export as a wav...it is just gray, and not click able.