RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Rm2k3]Mapping A Cave

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Sorry, but now as I have started, i won't stop until i am out of ideas/bored lol.

Okay.

Setting up Your map
Create a new map, with dimensions 20x15, i.e the lowest.
For the tileset, choose the Dungeon Tileset

Basic Fencing
Yes, caves have fencing too. Just to give an Rpg Touch, after you're better make the fencing a little compex, but for now, we use a normal square one. There are many fences, right now, im using the one the green box is on.

Spoiler for Teh Fencorz:
[/IMG]

Floorz
Basic flooring, choose the tileset the green quare is on, and cement the floor. Like Fences, there are many floors too.

Spoiler for I FLOORED:

Walling
Adding a wall. There can be either edgey walls, or normal ones. Lets see now, im using the wall part which you see a little below and left to the green box. It's the basic dungeon wall, which almost everyone uses. Use the left and the right parts, only at the corners. So lets see, should be like-

Left- Middle- M- M -M -M - Right part.

K? I changed the fence, to adjust to the wall

Spoiler for Basic Wall:

Ending it
Add a few more not-this-layer events, like rocks, door things, skulls, etc. And Wala this is your cave-
Spoiler for ZOMG FINALE:

With this layout, you can make an ice cave too, just use ice flooring.
But dont make the dungeon too messy, or it'll look like someone's bedroom. Dungeons are a little emptier. @_@
Arlen is hot.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Pretty nice!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Very nice! Remember to tell them that natural caves should look natural. Not too square, not too round. This one is good for a boss monster's or treasure's room.

Thank you!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Thank YOU for giving me the idea.
Arlen is hot.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Lunaris Project Lead
All the images are gone :(

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
This topic is almost 2 years old, that's what I'd expect by now.

Oh, and gravedigging isn't good. Make sure you check that posts are no more than ~1 month old, people usually stop caring about their topics by then.