RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Rm2k3] Setting a Good Npc

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
The Rage Of Rm2k3 tut's start.
Sorry if its short and quick, i wrote it but the comp restarted. ;-;
What is A Npc?
Npc is a non playable character, who helps/gives quests or jobs to the hero of the game.
But you cant play him, he's just there.

How do i set an Npc?
Go to the Events layer. Double click on the tile you want it to be, or right click, and click new event.
LIKE ZIS-
Spoiler for TEH EVENT FIXING PIXXORZ:

GOT IT!~?!

In Teh Event Page
The Event page has many...er..."aspects" on which we have to..er...place a sight.
Spoiler for TEH EVENT PAGE PIXXORZ:

1.Name-
This is used to place the name of the Npc, if his name is Bob, and you write Bob over there, things get easier.

2.Event Graphic-
This determines the sprite of the Npc, i.e how the heck will he look.

3.Transperent
This "verifies" wether the sprite of the npc should be transperent or not. Ignore that spellin' mistake, its written Transperer.
I CAN C THRU U BOB.

4.Trigger Condition
This states how the npc will be triggered. By enter key (action key) by the touch of the hero, will it start as the map starts (auto-start) or will it be parellel to the hero's movements (parelel process)
I dunno the spelling LOL.
Also the hero collision one, that is, that they are in the same path.
When thou crosseth thy path, thee even is triggereth!

5.Event Layer
Determines in which layer the hero is supposed to be, below, with or above teh hero.
OH GOD UR ABOVE ME!

6. Animation type
States the type of animation...

7.Move Frequency
Determines the frequency. Well i dunno, but frequency, as i learned in physics, is the no. of hertz in one oscilattion, so the no. of steps in 1 tile.
So you can say the speed..

8.Movement Type
States if the npc is stationary, moves randomly, according to your steps, goes vertical/horizontal, if the event moves towards the hero, or away from him. GOT IT!?@>?!
ZOMG HE MOVESS!!!

The Big Mean White Page
Once upon a time, a big white page helped someone, and since that day, it is used to set events.
Okay, double click on a space in the white page, select Message, write something, eg "HI I AM BOB"
Set the trigger to action key.
Then while playing, move your hero to the npc, and then click enter.
AND WALA THE MAGIC BEGINS! AND BOB SAYS HI!
Actually, bob is a pretty mean guy, but he's become mannered these days.
i mean err....
@_@

Anyways, this is how to set a SIMPLE Npc.
Sorry if its not detailed, the comp restarted as i said, then i did everything quickly.
If you dont like it, love it!
Arlen is hot.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Excellent. Big ups nightwolf. =D
*Adds to the tut index*
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
LOL. I made it look good, by following your image spoiler idea, and also underlining.

Kids, Dont forget to underline!
Arlen is hot.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
hmm, I've been wondering for a long time how to make NPC's say something different one time than the next. Like the first time you talk to him, it'll say "Hi, I'm Bob" and the second time, it'll say "Why are you in my house" or something like that, or better yet, event oriented messages, like if you've never talked to the person, then it says one thing, if you leave and come back itll say another, and if you talk to him again, itll say yet another. This could also be useful for storyline related speech, so as they seem up to date