RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RM2K3] House Interior Mapping Tutorial.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Well, Sire Nouman told me to make a own topic, i dunno if he was being sarcastic, but i did it anygays.
anyways*

Well, i just copy pasted the whole message LOL(the starting to lol)-

YYYAAAY
Ps. spoiler may take time to load, kinda big, 5 pixxorz @_@

Spoiler for Interior Mapping In Rm2k3:
Hello Folks, as you may know, i've stopped rm kinda, but i can try HALPING you people.
Well, i'm not much of a good mapper, but i can say my maps are 7/10, not like Blizzard or Dwarra, who are absolutely wonderful in their mapping.

Okay, lets start.
Setting Your Map-
Well yes, this includes the lenght, width, type, monsters included , etc.
Well, i'm doing the smallest map, with no monsters, so set it up like ziz-

1. You can give your map a name, to make things easier.
2.The tileset used, such as interior, exterior, dungeon, castle ETC.
3.Dimensions-Lenght, Breadth
4. Monster groups which will attack you while you walk in the map. So obviously none, as you are in your house. Exept that monster who lives under ur bed lol.

These are the 4 basic stuff.
Fencing-
Many people think, that in rm2k3, there is no fencing, and the maps turn out, you can say, bad. But there are, infact, there are many fences, they are depended on the type of the house.I am depicting a normal house, in which its peaceful, not to rich, not to poor. So the fencing will be somewhat like this(i know its not such a good coloured fence ;-;)-

If you see, i have closed the fence i used under a red box, well, in the line of fences, there are many. You can see a white one, just next to it, and then some others.
So there's your fence.
Arr matey ur fences electric arr.

Flooring-
Everyone doesnt have the power to walk on nothing, thats why a guy wasted his time inventing cemented floors. Well we do it easily by clicking buttons.
There are various kinds of floors, and the one i am using, does not actually MATCH the fence, looks weird, but this is just explanatory.

The red box is depecting the types of flooring, i have used the bottom left of the four.

VOLLEY-
Volley, is the tennis term for hitting the ball straight back in speed, when ur jumpin' in the air lol.
Well, what i am concentrating on, is more likely to be said WALLY, as now, we concentrate on WALLZ.
Okay, there are three kinds of walls, again i have not used the proper one, just a basic one.

The black box indicates the left sided wall, placd only at the left, the maroon box indicated the main wall, from the farthest left to the right, and the one selected in the rm2k3 green box depicts the rightest one.
So if r is right m is mid and l is left it should be like

R M-M-M-M-M-M-M_M-M-M-M L
so it looks gooooood.

Placing things and finishin' ur mapzzz
With great makers , cumz great responsibility.
Think of yourself as a furnisher guy, and then place items here and there, so the room does not look empty, leave a space in the fencing so that it looks like a dooor.

I have added a side fence, yaay, the side fence also needs to have a wall, or else it looks pretty stupid, i added some cupboards, a bed, a piano, windows, some paintings, a dressin table, and ofcourse the idiot box of the world, the television.
Looks more like an alien radar lol. And that white thing is supposed to be a sofa.
Well, you can place your things more accurately, but you got the main point.
Thank your for reading.

Now get lost.

lol
Arlen is hot.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
haha
VEry nice Nightwolf, especially when they are all crying for a tut..

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Yeah. We need more RM2k3 tutorials. After all, many people still use it. Actually, I like its old-school style better than XP's clean and modern look.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Nice! And ya I was serious xD

Best thing to do would be to spolier all the images and leave text open.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
bblizzard, edit that for me, too lazy ...lol.

btw any other ideas on makin anything ?_?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:59:19 PM by nightwolf »
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Sweet work Nightwolf.  :tpg:

Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
How about natural cave mapping? Event commands explanations (I keep saying PLEASE!), or how to use the Database. These are good tuts.

Rep:
Level 87
that was AWESOME!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
How about natural cave mapping? Event commands explanations (I keep saying PLEASE!), or how to use the Database. These are good tuts.
Yeah..i'll try something on Database
Sweet work Nightwolf.  :tpg:

Now I feel, it's really good ^^
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 87
This realy helped me with my game now i can release my demo :D

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
This is why I always say that the best part of trying to help is to know that it definitely brought something good to others. :)

Thanks for the tut, Nightwolf!

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
you forgot a Wall on that tutorial :P

Games:
(2001) Dark Rain II: Between Hell and Heaven - Completed
(2002) Dark Rain I: Enter in Darkness - Completed
(2003) Dark Rain III: (I don't remember, long time ago xD) - Unfinished
(2002/2003) Rockman X Legend - Unfinished
(2005/2006) A Bandith Tale - In process

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97