RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Forgotten Chronicles: The Child Of The Star

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
My first post here ;D

This is my game I have been working on for a time. It's a tactical based RMXP project.
There is a demo for this game posted on another forum, so I will not post the demo link here, not just yet. :(

The Story:
Spoiler for:
Story:
Darkness has returned to the world. The Emperor of the great Shina Empire has revived the arch demon Zargon, and the world is in great danger.
When darkness returns to the world, a new star is born. At the same time a star is born, a hero with great powers is born.
He will destroy the darkness in the world, and when the star dies, the hero will also die.
But this time goes wrong...the hero was born in the Shina Empire. His parents was the greatest generals in the whole empire, and they led a group of rebels called "Tiger Fangs". The hero is kidnapped by some bandits, and his parents was killed,trying to save him.

20 years later.
The rebels luckly destroyed the darkness,even if the hero was gone. The emperor was killed in battle, and the new emperor, Lithia, the first empress in Shina, has taken over the throne. Under her rule, the Empire will focus on the domenestic, and all who studys dark magic will be thrown in jail.
At the same time has this, a great thunderstorm shakes the world of Shina. In Nienna church, the cancellor Gyan fells that something is wrong. Then , it knocks church door, and a badly injured stranger wants to rest for the night. Gyan fells that something is wrong..both with the strom...and with the stranger.

Characters
Spoiler for:
Characters:
You( You can name him what you want, but his real name is Jasper)

Class: Mystic Knight
Bio: The stranger who comes the Nienna church this night. You have lost your memory, and you have no idea where you come from. After spending 4 days in the church, your strenght has come back, but still, you don't remember your past. The cancellor is calling you, and he wonders if you could do him a favor. What you don't know, that this favor will start the journey of your life.

Sophia Lerion

Class: Black mage
Age;16
Bio: The daughter of Gyan. Some says that her mother was a great witch, because Sophia has no knowledge of white magic. She has the ability of Black Magic. She dosne't have so much bond with her father because of this, and when you showed up, she decided to join you in your quest, unknown of what is going to happen.

Sonya Oriana

Class: Sniper
Bio: The great nun of Nienna church. When she was young, she gave her life to the Arch Demon Zargon, and her abilitys of light magic faded away.
Under the uprising against the Shina Empire, Sonya fled to Nienna to seek help from Gyan. After studying 10 years under Gyan, she has forgotten all darkness in her soul, but will never be albe to learn any light magic ever again.
But has her thirst of dark magic reallly faded away?....

Desiree Moonflute

Class: Ranger
Bio: A elf from a land far away. She lives peacfully in the village of Nienna, working in the bookshop.
The old owner died after a long illness, and oneday, the new owner came to service. Desiree fells that something is wrong with the new owner. The elfs has the ablility to see peoples souls. But she can't see the new owners soul. What does this mean?

Janice Regarde

Class: Amazone
Bio: She was born in a amazone family, but after her family was possesed by the darkness, she escaped to Orina, a desert village south of Nienna.
She was taken care of by Emilie Ylvina, the mayor of Orina, and she began her life has a noble lady. Even if Emelie has warned Janice to not train, Janice is still training the art of war all warm sunny days in the desert, prepare to revenge if the darkness returns to the world.

Lance Lirthor

Class: Dragoon
Bio: Bridgare General of the Shina Empire, Oryns bodyguard. The Empire has grown peacfully since Oryn took the old emperors place, but there is still officers who preparing to revolt against Oryn. Lance has equlled 5 revolts, and there's still officers who's planning to revolt..and all this for the thirst of darkness.

Raven

Class: Ninja
Bio: No one knows anything about his past. Everything he says is the he was born from hell, and is going to return to hell someday. Some sees him as a demon, but he's 100 & Human....maybe.
He's the leader of a bindit force north of the snowtown Jing. His bandits are peacefully, and only robbes from other bandits, making his band has a big enemy to all other bandits.

Lithia XVIII

Class: White Mage
Bio: The Emperess of Shina. Disliked by the older ministers, the people loves her. She was choiced by the people to succed after the old emperor, and he has done his job well. But knowing of unloyal officers, she has Lance on her side all the time, or is it something else that makes her want him closely.

Kiri

Class: Fairy
Bio: The fairy who had the mission to protect the hero, but when the hero dissapered, she was forced to searh after him. She has found him, but how will she make him found her?

Screenshots

Any comments?

Rep:
Level 89
Bump.

No comments?

Rep:
Level 89
Bump again.

I want some comments please.

Rep:
Level 89
This is stupid. Why is no one replying to this topic?

Rep:
Level 89
Fine. Don't give any comments then. Im fine with that.

pokeball ZanOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
"Jesus saves! And takes half damage!"
( Pity comment.)
I'm a pacifist...
And things get very peaceful when all of your enemies are dead.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This topic was sinfully neglected. I can't imagine why. I just saw it now, but I think it looks good. I am kind of wondering now if you are still working on this project

As a suggestion though, I wouldn't use spoilers, and I wouldn't do a link to the pictures, seeing as they are the best features. You've learned this already, as your other project is presented in a better way, but I like being redundant and useless. I like using large headings and horizontal rules  ;D

Anyway, I really like how fate is sort of bypassed. I like the idea a lot, it is a nice spoiler. Also, the mapping is, of course, good, though the red tint is a bit much in one of those screenshots, and there are a couple small errors in the desert city.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I hope you're still working on this, 'cause I just noticed it too, and it seems like a really good project.  Keep it up!

Rep:
Level 89
Im not working at this anymore, so I would like to say this is a dead project. Please, don't post here anymore.

Thank you.