RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Elder Scrolls V: Fall of the Empire

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
I don't know if all of you have been or at all have been checking out or even have seen a Elder Scrolls game.

The series goes as follows:

1: Arena (PC)
2: Daggerfall (PC)
3: Morrowind (PC), (X-Box)
4: Oblivion (X-box 360), (PC)
5: My version, unofficial

Series doesn't follow, each chapter is in the same type of world, however entirely different stories.

Now I haven't decided if I'm going to just practice with this game so I can get a good storyline or if I'll actually make one. I'll probably make one because the story and the way everything is represented is more unique. Of course the items/weapons and so on are very much alike 90% other RPGs. However one other benefit to making a game like this in the Elder Scrolls series is having huge flexibility to put in ANYTHING you want. This entire series of games as I have played and beat each at least twice, is all about doing ANYTHING you want and being ANYTHING you like. Of course it'll be extremely difficult to give such huge opportunities using a RPG Maker 03.

Anyways the story I haven't fully decided on.

I'm thinking as the name suggests, I will have the Empire which always plays a big role, be taken down due to secret evil organization which un foils its long plan to take control of Morrowind and Tamriel and basically control the world. Of course you as the character like other elder scrolls games, have the option to follow up the main quest and find out who is behind this by full filling your destiny, or you can not do it at all. Of course the Empire falls first by Uriel Septim's capture. At first it is in still control, however slowly murders coming in of high ranked empire figures and such bring on arguements. You may or may not follow this main quest, you can do other quests, join guilds and do other things and roam the land, or you can strictly stay on the main quest. Along the way you will meet new people, find better weapons/armor/items and become more powerful. And as we see how any game must end, you must defeat a big bad boss at the end which is behind all the evil. I'm thinking of perhaps having Uriel Septim die (the empereor)or something.
The main character and the rest of the party as only helping the main character will join guilds, grow stronger, roam the lands, develop a certain part of their skills or all of them, find new items/weapons/armor and of course do other quests. The quests will likely take up time. The main quest can be done by your choice.

The cities/towns and the setting is based in lands of Morrowind and Tamriel. Of course you must travel in between these enourmous lands.

I'll begin working on the database right now for some parts, however until I have furhter knowledge of this software I will not begin the map.

Any ideas or thoughts will be appreciated.

Also any "expert" type members approve of this idea?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 12:30:46 PM by farzamk »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
so same type of features?  :o
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
If by features you mean the same type of in-game features, then basically the same. However not every sword/spell and so on are the same. The game is meant to let the character be anything. However because in this game we are using a party rather than a single player, I prefer to have each party member be known for a certain area, like magic, or fighting.

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Oblivion comes with a MOD creator, where you can add anything, from storyline up to items. Is powerfull, and Bethesda itself uses it to create content and extra chapters for the game - morrowind did have one too.
 If you're into creating fan games of characters that you doesn't own, like Elder's Scrolls series, you should consider making add-ons to it using the fantastic tools that come with the game. Maybe Bethesda come to like you work and release it as a official add-on.
I need some real WORKING AVI script in RMXP!
3D ANIMATIONS:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ericmor
3D and 2D anime ART:
http://ericmor.deviantart.com/gallery/

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
I know what you mean by the add ons and I've played Oblivion on xbox 360. and morrowind on Xbox. I would do a add on, but i'm not much for coding and such things. It's just tough to come up with a story that is so plain and you simply have to "save the world" through different characters and such. Making a new elder scrolls series saves me time of coming up with with classes and such. However with all the nords and redgaurds, i will add some other classes and skills and such of my own. Also the maps may be slightly different than seen on previous games because well, hard to desgin them like that. Currently I am using morrowind's map of vvardenfell as the starting area, so basically combining some maps.

I will likely be adding a very large number of 500x500 maps. As we have seen previously, the games are enormous. Arena with ita wierd style of different places being where something else previously was, and daggerfall with its incredibly enourmous game, one of the biggest ever.

Anyways it's going to be a tough project.

BTW, I am currently using 2003, is it possible to transfer the data from that to XP in the future?

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for December 2007
Nope, the two versions are of completely different software, unlike 2000 and 2003.

Steel Hearts - Anime Strategy RPG

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
A geez... oh well, lets hope I can make it almost as good on 2003. It's just 2003 lacks in detailed map pieces and no quest log or such.

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
Of course it'll be extremely difficult to give such huge opportunities using a RPG Maker 03.

It is not as difficult as it is time-consuming and nerve breakdowning. ;) Good luck.

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
That's what I meant. It's going to take twice as long...

Anyways for another in sight on the game. Many of the skills used in the game and city names and such will game from the game Morrowind. The starting location will be in the city of Balmora.

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
Now a question for this, rather a suggestion.

Do you think it will be better to make towns in the actual map or make something like 4 mini houses in a single square put together looking like a town, and when you walk into it you walk into the town. This is confusing me which is why I haven't started my map yet. Any suggestions?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I would like a town town, like houses shops and stuff.

like:

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
no, I meant as in towns that appear on the main map, or you walk into the mini picture of a town (which worked well with another game I saw) and get teleported into the town. Of course your just walking into that tile and appearing in the town.

So should towns appear on the main map? or on a seperate map with teleportation.

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
I got you now. Ya I'm making a town in the world map itself. Many cities wont look like the one you got there, because some I have to make similar to the ones previously in the elder scrolls series. However in the other land parts I will be doing that type of towns.

Of course all the towns feature a variety of shops, inns, and many other things like guild houses and just people's houses.

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
Right now I'm planning on having a Fighter's guild, Mage's guild, and perhaps a thieve's guild. Also I may do a great house thing. First off, I want to get some of the basic mapping done, then work on the database using some of my game guide booklets from morrowind and oblivion. After I have a good map and some storylines and the basics done, I move onto NPCs and different variety of quests and such.

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
Actually changed my mind, going to make it like a thing where you walk into the town through teleportation, the city looks like mini houses.

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
Now I'm importing tons of chips from charas-project.net

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
umm. can this be moved to projects?

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Just a pointer, He does die, and this game is complete mockery of Oblivion, everything you mentioned follows the oblivion game, Just as a warning research your game First then post it. Oh and good luck, if you need A title/SPrites PM me also, Dont waste your time with RPG03 Use Xp, or that 3D one, whatever it is
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
just found out that today. i can change the story line easily.

cant use xp...

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
I had an idea, a good one, Make it so the mythic dawn resummons Mehrunes Dagon, but this time he make a new Paradise, and the final show down is held in the Garden of Fate, THe Garden turns into a Forest, that has daedra guarding the way to Canmor Vallis's Castle, and the inside of his castle is really the final plain of oblivion.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
So i'm guessing (after reading your other topic) this game is dead?

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
looking like it :(

:=

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Arent you the guy who left making rm games @_@
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
me ? no way i love my di . . i mean rpg maker