RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
n00b's tutorial of MORPG

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
How do you make a MORPG? i mean what kind of scripts and other things and so on. How does it work? and what version of RPG Maker works best? and what about game maker 7?

Any help is appreciated.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
You will find lots of software, scripts and resources for making an MMORPG around the net. But you'll still need to get a dedicated server, time, money and a staff to successfully run it online.
I may suggest some programs, but I don't know about RMXP or Game Maker 7 for this. :(
If you want the information, let me know. :)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
You will find lots of software, scripts and resources for making an MMORPG around the net. But you'll still need to get a dedicated server, time, money and a staff to successfully run it online.
I may suggest some programs, but I don't know about RMXP or Game Maker 7 for this. :(
You don't need any money, or staff. You just need a script, RPG Maker XP, and time to make an rpg.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
I'll go straight to the point. Don't use RPG Maker. You'll never make it. Do a search on google for "Elysium Debugged". That's a program you can use for making an MORPG.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I was searching for Elysium Debugged and I just felt like I should just post this link because it appears to be useful... http://www.splamm.com/elysium/guide/index.php

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
alright thanks.

would that elysium source thing, would I be able to have someone else host the server? Alright I'll do some research.

Rep:
Level 89
splamm was what I was refering to. And you'll have to look it up yourself. You can hst the server on your computer or whatever. There are a lot of tutorials on their forum site that should tell you everything you need to know.

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
ok thanks again.

ya saw the tutorial just now and im going to read it.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ahh... By the way, the tutorial/guide thing is already on the server thingy on the help tab XP. MAN! I was using Diamond for the last hour and it's so confusing... T_T Lominisio, I don't know how you can do it... XP

Rep:
Level 89
Personaly I found Diamond rather easy. When you open up the server there's a built in text tutorial you can read.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I guess I'm just a retarded then. XD There's so many things that I don't know what something does. :P I'm going to try to make something! >:]

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
You don't need any money, or staff. You just need a script, RPG Maker XP, and time to make an rpg.

That is if you are not serious about the game. A game without a staff to moderate the server while users play will be chaos. Dedicated servers need money. Unless you are lucky and find someone to host your game without complications. But if you plan to have a big player base, then you WILL need money.
I am not talking about just creating the game. I am talking about maintaining it. Because, unlike offline RPG's, online ones need to be maintained and taken care of. Otherwise, they won't work. What about bug exploitation, spam, and abuse of the game's features? Novice players will have a terrible time there, and will eventually leave shortly after joining. If there is no control, there's no game.
Finally, there is the updating of the game. Fixing bugs and adding content to keep people coming for more. That is, and will always be something important for a serious MMORPG's success.

I am not a professional, but these are obvious things you learn while studying the subject and playing many MMORPG's.

By the way, I recommend Elysium Diamond for first-timers. It is much easier than what you think. The hard part is getting the game online, as I have already said. You'll need a server. Servers are not free, unless you have it in your computer, something I don't recommend unless it is well-secured.
For more advanced and serious games, try VBGore. It is much more flexible and has more features. It is another Visual Basic ORPG engine, but the most powerful, or so many agree.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 08:54:15 PM by Arwym »