RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Twin Edge: Post-Apocalyptic

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Story:

The world had ended. The nuclear winter of the 22nd Century left the planet a grey, ashen wasteland. Those who survived made a pitiful living by killing those who had the most basic of supplies. The the skin of the planet may have been dead, but the planet itself was far from that. Deep within a giant chasm, a beast emerged and cleansed the planet of it's species and waste. The beast then vanished just a mysteriously and was forgotten as civilization rebuilt itself and began to thrive.

Millenia later, the countries of this new world were yet again of the verge of war, this time with an arsenal of powerful items and magic. The Earth, sensing another fatal crisis, prepared to send the beast into the fray, but the Gods that dwelt in the Aybss saw this. They soon developed a race of ultimate beings known as the YATSUU, or "Divine Eight", to vanquish the beast and return to the Abyssial Relm. However, it was only a matter of time before the YATSUU grew self aware of their situation and took advantage of the chaos on Earth.

But one YATSUU remained loyal. Taking up his blade, he single-handedly slew is brethren until all but one remained. In a climatic battle, it was said that the beast had been vanquished, and the remaining YATSUU swallowed by the Earth . . .

Hundreds of years later, a small peace had filled the world, but there was still a dark oppression seeping through it. Ancient alliances were crumbling and some prepared for war and as an old fear began to rise again. These are the days of Earth's final hour. These are the days, of Twin Edge.

Characters:

Ashiza Kaitenshin:
Spoiler for:
* A keen and talented officer, Kaitenshin quickly rises through the ranks until he has become a Hiro-Gensai, an elite member of a secretive task force. He knows little of his true past and inheritance of the "Legacy Eye" . . .

Shikaku Sukasa:
Spoiler for:
A quick and adept assassin, Sukasa is seen to many as a silent genius. He comes from an extreamly grotesque and bloodstained lineage that he knows little about. He too, know's nothing of his "Psyche Eye" . . .

Shikaku Karei:
Spoiler for:
Cousin of Sukasa, Kairei is an exceptional pike wielder. Once her village was destroyed, she went in search of her only connection to this world, Sukasa.

Ame: An agent of heaven, Ame has been sent down to Earth to investigate the occurnace that is preventing Heaven's Gates from opening. She quickly discover Sukasa and his hidden talent and starts tracking him.

Zeiph Rence:
Spoiler for:
As a member of the esteemed REBEL Organization, Zeiph resides in the "Old Continent" where reminant's of ancient skyscrapers still remain. He has joined REBEL to protect his siblings from the powerful Y-NOS Corp., who's goal is to restore the ancient nuclear technology of old.

Zatachi Seyou: Not much is known about Zatachi, but is known that he is an ex-Ancient, and wields the legendary "Halberd of Heaven".

Other Sketches:

Beast
Spoiler for:

"YATSUU" Member's, I won't tell you who's who.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Airship
Spoiler for:

World Map
Spoiler for:

Reyulan Soldier, sketches
Spoiler for:
*Image subject to change.

Screenies:

These are from Twin Edge, but I'm kinda remaking it right now. Subject to change.

FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREAT!!!!  :bean:
[/size]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 07:14:31 PM by Kaitenshin »
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Rep:
Level 88
No.. i think he some sort of Midboss
alright looks good keep it going for me!
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
looks good, all except mapping. That should get imporved, and then I see a good outcome for this game.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Jet Set Radio
Is there going to be custom sprites? I'm just curious... ???
- My company P:
Detectives

Rep:
Level 88
i shouldent be doing this but i know what this game is about i ws working on it and sice kais comp is down and has been posting at school*edit* sry he did get his comp back so i guess he will update this later

I let him know about the maps thx ;8

And yes there will be custom sprites ;8

thx alot for the feedback i'll let him know for u guys
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 12:15:47 AM by Yukimora »
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Jet Set Radio
Sounds cool. I was also thinking of making a post-apopcalyptic game. But now I think I will rework it about.
- My company P:
Detectives

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Uhh, Yeah Yukimora, I'm actually here. I truly don't see anything really wrong with my mapping, I try to go for a simpler look because I don't want overcrowded things all over the place. But if you see something I can improve on, feel free tah tell. And yes, I will post some custom sprites soon if you guys want.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 03:55:11 AM by Kaitenshin »
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
for the mapping, its just too square (I say this to everyone so please don't feel bad just take this as a good thing =D )

lets say I wanted to make that castle I see in your screenshot...I would make it not a big square:

and with indoors try making the rooms abstract, not just square:

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Well, that was just a small insignificant room. But the advice is till pretty good (the fountain in your castle doesn't give it the asymmetrical look I'm trying to get at). I'll take it in mind. Thanks!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yep, NP i'm here to help.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Interesting. I like your maps..as well as those character sketches you put up. I wish you luck with this project.  ;D

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Yeah thanks. I've got about 1.5% done right now, so it's doing alright. The only problem is that I basically am already finished with the story on paper, but the projected play time will be around 60 hours.  :o

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Updated the pictures, just to let you know.....

pokeball ZanOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
"Jesus saves! And takes half damage!"
Congrats on drawing your own characters.  I haven't seen much of that in these games. (Of course, I've only looked at a couple of the actual GAMES, so..)
I'm a pacifist...
And things get very peaceful when all of your enemies are dead.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Thanks, lol, just put up even more pictures. Hope with a little photoshop magic, these characters can become battlers.

Rep:
Level 88
ill work on them since i've made them before...

pokeball ZanOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
"Jesus saves! And takes half damage!"
Thanks, lol, just put up even more pictures. Hope with a little photoshop magic, these characters can become battlers.
Maybe.  I have a lot of trouble working with pics on conputer. <course, it's partly because I don't have a tablet.  I SUCK at drawing with a mouse.  To give you a general idea of my suckiness, check out my game post "Shadow of the Fallen: Shattered Souls", and look at the battlers I posted.  Those each took like two or three hours of computer time to color and stuff. So...yeah.
I'm a pacifist...
And things get very peaceful when all of your enemies are dead.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Don't worry, I suck at drawing on the comp. too  ;8! These are all scanned from my comp. (and not all mine, some of the better ones my gf [KaireiIsORANGE] drew, some are Yuki's, most are mine)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Wow, looks cool, can't wait for the demo.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
I would just like to say that the project is being re-scraped and renovated. Its about 2% complete.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
The story has indeed caught my attention. ^_^  I agree on that the mapping could be improved.  But for the rest, I think it's a great start.  But if you say it's being renovated, then I am hoping to see the new information up soon.

Good luck!  Please make it into the finished projects list! :)

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Sorry, its basically the same story, but Im renovating maps and such.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Zeiph Rence:
Spoiler for:
As a member of the esteemed REBEL Organization, Zeiph resides in the "Old Continent" where reminant's of ancient skyscrapers still remain. He has joined REBEL to protect his siblings from the powerful Y-NOS Corp., who's goal is to restore the ancient nuclear technology of old.

:P

Good luck with the game, man. Looks pretty nice so far.
[/quote]