RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
War Against Magic [Demo v.2]

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
War Against Magic
Story
Spoiler for:
King Gregor of the Crystal Empire has discovered a new power source. He has machines fueled with and something called a gun. He has been corrupted by this large source of power and is now using it to take over the world.

James is in the Gammor Regiment of the Delores Kingdom. He, Capt. Sledge, and his friend Jack have been sent on a distress call to the nearby woods. What will await them?

The Dark Realm is in chaos. Half are voting for the Delores Kingdom and the other for the Crystal Empire. Two lords on one side, two on the other. This is obviously a major event in time, how will everything pullout?

Characters
Spoiler for:
The Good Dudes
James
Class: Fighter
James is a new recruitment in the army because of recent drafts. His life did not hold much, untill he discovered the Hell Hound in the Green Woods. Can he and his dog save the kingdom? Is it possible?

Hound
Class: Hell Hound
A magical creature, it can learn new abilities by being given stones. These creatures are heard in storys, but if one ever comes to you, you have a great task on your hands, and it has lended your help.

Capt. Sledge
Class: Lancer
The captain of Jame's regiment. He is very lucky, and often gets himself into things. He is very loyal, and you can always trust him.

Scott
Class: Hunter
A good friend of James's, he is quiet, but very stealthy. He always seems to find his way through things, no matter how harsh.

Drake
Class: Vampire
A spirit of an ancient war hero. Gave up his axe skills to save his soul.

The Bad Guys
King Gregor
Class: Warrior
The Forever King, he has seemed to have lived forever. Begining this war about century ago, people estimated that he was about 100. It is apparent that he has tapped into magic.

Veego
Class: Alchemist
The king royal advisor. She is never seem without him. She has lived many years, but looks like she is in her 20's. It magical powers are amazing.

Weapon
Class: Weapon
The King's ultimate weapon. It is said that it can crush fifty men in one blow. When someone see it, they can not even run, because Weapon see you.

??? (Earth Realm Name: Tweak)
Class: Assassin
The Dark Realm's most feared assassin. Then king has summoned him from the depths to find and kill all who stand in his way. He is so evil, that if you say his Dark Realm name, that your tongue burns out of your head.

Skills
Spoiler for:
Cooking, cook elegant foods
Fishing, catch the big one
Thieving, line your pockets with others gold
Herblore, mix all of your potions

Thanks to
(CVE)Baal for some Story help
Land of Shadows for his awesome resource pack
Thank you bulls84 for the title screen

Second demo details
Major Cutscene? Yes
Party memeber?: Yes
Boss Battle?: Yes
Skills: Thieving and cooking
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 01:10:51 PM by Forcystus »

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
..... how old are you again? I didn't get it.
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I have not really determined anything yet, it is definetly a work in progress.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Oh, thank god. Sorry about that. Well, good luck on that.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 11:30:20 PM by Kaitenshin »
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Thanks, btw, got any characters I can use? I will give you credit for any and everything.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Can we know a little more about the story? This would attract more people to your game.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Like I said, I have not determined much...but I guess I could pull something out of a hat.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Well, every story needs a badass and a thief who's really cocky (male or female). Uhm, maybe you can start thinking some stuff up from there. And, "A Boy And His Dog" isn't exactly the best title. Ur other one looks promising.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
The other one is finished, but the beginning is crappy, just to say. Anyway, I have not thought about this game much untill today so I will begin to work on it.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Yeah, definitely a better name. Sweet.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Hey, if anyone knows about TheInqusitor's world map at RPG Palace, Im using it. And my trial ran out, but I am renewing it tommorow. Untill then, I can't do much except think, but I do have some new characters...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 03:10:05 PM by Forcystus »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Hey, sorry that i have not updated, but im running into problems like ADD (Im starting to grow away from RPG Maker) so, im coming back, slowly.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 04:53:24 PM by Forcystus »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I updated, and im trying to get a good title screen. I might get screenies up by tonight. Plus, I added skills and im working on a guild system of sorts for the skills.

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
 :o Oh my God...please let me help you write the story some more. I'll do it as a social, cyber service. Just please change what you've posted!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Uh...sure thing, I don't mind, one less thing for me to do ;8
I added you to my very tiny team on top ;8
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:48:13 PM by Forcystus »

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Alright. I agree that your maps are dry. In the forest part, the tile you sed to accentuate the exits is acctually for use with trees, and it make it look odd. The story is thrust at the player much too quickly, which is fine if you would include a prologue.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Thanks, but what do you mean with the trees?

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
 I HATE BEING GROUNDED
But I'm still thinking about things, I will finish this game!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
screenshots....
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I will have two up by tonight, the game is (slowly) being developed, but my spring break starts tommorow  ;D so I will definetly have a demo up very soon, like a real demo

EDIT: I put up screenies, as promised
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 02:34:06 AM by Forcystus »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I got the demo up! Its (probably) about ten minutes long

Rep:
Level 87
I can do music/scripting, if you would like.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Sorry I have not replied, if you would like to be a permanet member (and not just for this)
then you can reply to my Unreal Studios thread.

If not, I would still appreciate the help, I would just like examples of music.

Rep:
Level 87
erm dude wtf i fought that slime thing twice already?/

apart from that THE DEMO ROCKS the overview thing reminded me of final fantasy 8

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant

:mex: "Eh ese, the slime thing is the end of the demo man."