RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to make a Tresure Chest (Screenies)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
In this tut, we will set up a good looking/working Treasure chest that will give the actor +100 gold.

First create a new event where you want the chest to be by right clicking on the map in event layer and clicking "new event"
Now double click the right where it says "graphic" and find a CLOSED chest picture.

1-Event layer
2-Where I clicked to make the event
3-Event graphic

Next double click on the right open white spot. Then staying on page one, find "Change gold" command and click on it. Then set it to increase and change it to 100

The X on the image is where to double click

Now again double anywhere in the box under your add gold command, and again on page one click "control self switch" and set it to turn self switch A - on.

Now go to the top of the event page and click "add new event page" oon the new page, again click on the grapic box, this time selecting a picture of the OPEN CHEST. also go down to the bottom of the event page and click "Parallel process" now at the top of the event page above the grapic, select the box for self switch and make sure its A. Now leave the right side empty and your done!

Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Great tut, this will be helpful for some people.
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Great tut, this will be helpful for some people.

thanks ya I hope people will use the search function, but if not you can always link to this.  ;D

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
You add how to animate it, but a nice basic chest tutorial

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
YAY !!

You finnaly made it !

Now i know how it works.

Lol kidding this was needed though.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Maybe you could edit and add the graphic changing thingy to make it animated to satisfy the perfectionists?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Wow...some people needed this.

Rep:
Level 88
Now do you know who I am??
THANK YOU! Lol, I was actually looking for something like this...

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yep no problem  ;)
feel free to point others with this question to this topic by linking them here, or to the tut index (at the top of this section) my tut is also linked there

Rep:
Level 88
In 2k3 i used:
Code: [Select]
<>Branch if This Event Down Facing
 <>Move Event: This Event, Turn 90" Left, Turn 90" Left, Turn 90" Left
 <>Change Money: 100 Add
 <>
: Else Handler
 <>Message: It's empty.
 <>
: End
<>
In XP i used:
Code: [Select]
@>Conditional Branch: Self Switch A == Off
  @>Set Move Route: This Event
   :              : $>Change Speed: 1
   :              : $>Turn 90 Right
  @>Control Self Switch: A =On
  @> Change Gold: + 100
  @>
 : Else
  @>Text: It's Empty.
  @>
 : Branch End
@>
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 07:07:34 PM by atracious »
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

"all your base are belonging to us!" awful fantasy 3

"the grapes damb it, it's alway's the grapes!"

Funny anagrams:
Desperation=A rope ends it
Mother in law=Woman hitler
Lottery machine=Money lost in 'em
Election results=Lies lets recount
Dormitory=Dirty room
Snooze alarms=Alas! No more Z's
Eleven plus two=Twelve plus one
Cosmetic surgery="Yes, I correct mugs."
The IRS=Theirs!
Public relations=Crap, built on lies
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
Internet chat rooms=The moron interacts
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13132.0.html

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Wouldn't the thing change if you moved out/back into a screen?
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
Wouldn't the thing change if you moved out/back into a screen?

O.o i never thought to try that....>_< it does thx....so now i need to figure out a way to fix that...with 2k3 at least.
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

"all your base are belonging to us!" awful fantasy 3

"the grapes damb it, it's alway's the grapes!"

Funny anagrams:
Desperation=A rope ends it
Mother in law=Woman hitler
Lottery machine=Money lost in 'em
Election results=Lies lets recount
Dormitory=Dirty room
Snooze alarms=Alas! No more Z's
Eleven plus two=Twelve plus one
Cosmetic surgery="Yes, I correct mugs."
The IRS=Theirs!
Public relations=Crap, built on lies
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
Internet chat rooms=The moron interacts
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13132.0.html

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Switches do the magic. You just can't use the same one for multiple chests. Unless you cheat with variables.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 87
yeah i did exactly what it said, but when it opens, i dont get any gold lol

Rep:
Level 87
Nevermind. its all good

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Ok, one thing Nouman, you forgot to take off "Move Animation", if you keep it on, it'll move thought the animations. 

Oh, it's the pictures.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. I just noticed it said "ZeldaSK" as the title. Are you going to be putting chests in the SK along with the ME? Na na na naaaa~~~~~

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
xD it's because I made stuff in the same project file before. But yea I will make tresure test and provide the song.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Nice. No more talk about that because this is about your tut. This is good. Maybe you should add a side-tut where it teaches them about move events/change self-graphic so that it opens up?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
good idea. I will try and re-make this whole baby this month when I get time.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
When Nouman made this I made mine at the same exact time. Mine had animation to it so the chest actually opened. I'm not sure if I deleted that thread or not though.

Edit: I can't find it. Nevermind. :(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 10:18:45 PM by Lominisio »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Ok...
I can't wait.  ;)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
 Imade this a while ago....I can do better I think.  :'(

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Oh it wasn't that long ago. I remember because I got into a big argument over it with you. :P
-----------
I couldn't find it. I must of deleted it. :(

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh! Also, upload demo, maybe. Kind of retarded, but if anyone has troubles, they can refer to it. And so sad that it's gone.