RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Variables Tutorial (With pictures and examples and pretty colors)

Rep:
Level 88
Since the other Variables tutorial looks broken, I thought I would post this one I made a little while ago.

There's all kinds of pictures and examples to help out and I tried to make it as easy as I can.  There's even a little sub-menu on the right side of it so you can go to where you want if it's just one particular thing you want to know.

http://yamisiterawr.com/variables.php

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
I already seen it earlyer but This helped me ALOT !

Thanks !

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
This is great. Good job!
Mind if I link to it in my FAQ?

Rep:
Level 88

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Well, I knew a little about variables as I really only use them to store numbers but now I know alot more! Thanks a bundle!

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Just noticed something....

Teleport, Change Event Location, Show / Move Pictures (Advanced)

For this, you will need 3 variables. I'm not very comfortable with these and I don't really think they are that neccesarry (Except maybe the Show/Move Pictures).

How do you get from one map to the next?

Rep:
Level 88
You have to actually pick the map.  You can't make it variable.  But you could use a variable as a precondition to the event that teleports you to change what map you are going to (Make  different pages with each one representing a different map).

What the variables are used for in the teleport command itself are for the X and Y coordinates in the map that you pick.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Not to necropost, but this topic rocked.
I never understood variables, I only read like half of it, but that's all I needed, this is the best, most straight forward tut on variables I've ever seen!
Now I understand alot of it!

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you :D