RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mr.Mo's ABS

Rep:
Level 88
Action Battle System - ABS
[/b]
Introduction
Version : V 4.5
I wasn't happy with all the other ABSs, so I made this ABS with many features and customizable as possible.

I've also made a different ABS called ABS Lite. The difference is that the ABS Lite reduces lag by alot but it does not have Event Vs. Event. ABS Lite

Features
Here are some(most features can be toggled off/on, see the help file);
- Improved AI
  > Check the AI Setup in the script and enemy setup.
  > I plan to improve it even more seeing as other ABSes have features like, not see through walls and
    run/heal if player is too strong or enemy is dying.
- Event Vs Event
- Player Vs Event
- Ranged Weapons and Spells(Bows or Fireballs and ect.)
- Able to choose if a monster attacks the closest enemy or random
- Able to assign any hot keys for skills and items.
- Able to use Non-Ranged Skills(attacks closest enemy)
- Able to choose button Mash time for each attack or skill. If left blank the default is 3 seconds(can change).
- Displays Demage
- Level Up Display
- Kick Back Effect
- Fade dead enemies
- ABS off/on. i.e $ABS.active = false # Off
- Dash and Sneak, can be turned off.
- Able to turn off and on the hud.
- Able to animate monsters and player.
- State Effects and Animations
- Smaller Animations
- and more..! (See the Help File)

History
Spoiler for:
Version 4.5
  • Optional Fable Revive Effect - The player revives his/her self if the player has a revive item.
  • Attacker Animation - If using an item, skill, or weapon the attacker animation in the database now plays.
  • Fixed the ABS disable/enable problem. Call script : $ABS.active = false to disable and $ABS.active = true to enable. It will only disable the Enemies and the Player's able to attack or follow the ABS AI. To disable States, Dash and Sneak look in to the help file.
  • Added the option to change Font, Font Color, and Font Size.
  • Fixed minor bugs, unreported bugs.
Version 4.0
  • Option to make Animations Smaller
  • State Effects
  • Fixed minor bugs, reported bugs.

Strategies
Spoiler for:
# The ABS can be used to setup wars and make fights between NPCs. Imagination is
# the limit. 
# The events do not need to attack the player. Just remove the 0 from the hate
# group list.
#
# You can make an event a dummy, it can still be attacked, but it won't retaliate.
# This is usefull for practices, or teacing the player how to fight. It can also
# be used for NPC's.
#
# Make allias for the player. Remove the 0 from the hate group list and add all
# the monsters(their Enemy IDs, database) on the map. The allias won't 
# follow the player or anything but they would attack other monsters giving  
# the effect of allince.
#
# Monster Pit Fights can also be made.

Enemy AI
Spoiler for:

# 0 = Dummy             - Will not attack but can be attacked
# 1 = See Range         - Will attack only if it can see an enemy
# 2 = Hear Range        - WIll attack only if it can hear an enemy
# 3 = Hear or See Range - Will attack if it can see or hear enemy
# 4 = Ally Under Attack - Will attack if its ally is under attack and if it can
#                         see or hear the enemy

Enemy Explanation
Spoiler for:
# Hate Points   - The enemy will randomly give out hate points to all of it's enemies.
#                 Later, it's enemies will be ordered from most to least hate points.
#
# Hate Groups   - The enemy will attack hate groups, meaning other enemies.
#                 The hate group enemies aren't considered allies. 
#                 The player's hate id is 0.
#                 Do not use the event ID, use the Monster ID, you can find it
#                 in the Database, Enemies Tab.
#
# Closest Enemy - The enemy will attack the closest enemy, if met the right AI
#                 conditions. Hate points are no longer needed, if this BOOLEAN
#                 is true.

Screenshots

Requests

Compability
    Works only with the SDK. Should be compatible with everything except some menu systems that doesn't edit Scene_Menu. Does not work with Netplay Plus or anyother ABS or SBABS systems.

Downloads
    Version 4.5
    Mirror 1 - Savefile.com
    Mirror 2 - Megaupload.com
    Mirrow 3 - Thanks to lobosque
    Read the help file. Its short. For further examples, look in to the script.
    In the demo the player animates, you can disable this if you wish.
    If the game lags please use this anti-lag script instead of the one in the demo :) http://www.hbgames.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11639&highlight=anti-lag

Add-Ons
    Spoiler for Mouse Based ABS - IMS:
    Introduction
    This is an add-on for the abs. It is combined with the Interactive Mouse System.

Screenshot
    Notice the mouse icon changes to sword.

Notice now it changes to bow.

Download
    Mirror 1 - Savefile.com
    Mirror 2 - Megaupload.com

Thanks and Credits
    Credit me and Near Fantastica.
    Code: [Select]
    # Thanks to Near Fantastica's methods;
    # - In Range?, Get Range, In Direction?, enemy_dead?, treasure
    # - RANGE_WEAPONS, RANGE_SKILLS
    # - Class Game_Range(highly modified for convinience)
    # - Scene_Skill(main, update_shk)
    This is not an edit of Near Fantastica's ABS. I wrote mines from scratch, except for the methods I listed.

If you plan to use the blonde girl that comes with this, give credit to Prexus too, for using them.
    Look at each script for the author's name and give them credit as well.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 04:49:36 PM by Mr.Mo »

Rep:
    Level 102
    2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
    Wow, I thought Mr. Mo would never come and post his ABS. Good work.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
    Rep:
    Level 91
    Project of the Month winner for July 2009
    Best ABS ever.

Is that a hotkey bar, I've been trying to make a good hotkey bar for ages!
    *opens up script and looks for hokey code*

Rep:
    Level 102
    2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
    Best ABS ever.

Is that a hotkey bar, I've been trying to make a good hotkey bar for ages!
    *opens up script and looks for hokey code*
    I attempted to use it before, but it wouldn't work. I didn't know anything about scripts then either.

Rep:
    Level 88
    thanks, and how do I get this moved to the usefull scripts forum.

Edit:

I heard alot of complaints about the lag in my ABS, I will fix this now, the reason it does this because the enemies check for the closest enemy and attacks that. Since RGSS is slow, it effects the script alot.

Edit 2:
    In my new version of the ABS, lag doesn't seem to be an issue. If it still does I reccomend using this Anti-Lag script instead of the one that comes in the demo :).

http://www.hbgames.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11639&highlight=anti-lag
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 02:05:44 AM by Mr.Mo »

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
    Uh why isn't it downloading when i clickon the links?
    It takes to this page http://www.w3.org/Protocols/ and it won't let me download.
    Plz help!

Rep:
    Level 88
    sorry about that. Links Fixed.

What if it snowed in San Francisco?
    I tried it, but all the healthbars and stuff don't show up on my screen.

And what's SDK?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed everything, thanks!
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:07:48 PM by Lunais »
    Current project:
    Chaos Angelix - ~5% complete

Rep:
    Level 96
    2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
    Standard Development Kit. It's a script that can be found at .org

Okay, 3 problems:
    1: If I kill all the snake things with greater light/darkness, and then talk to the red-haired dude after they're dead, the game freezes.
    2: I can go under most of the tank.
    3: There's no hit sprite for the main character as a soldier, if you get hit it says "unable to find merc-hit" and crashes.
    Current project:

Rep:
    Level 88
    Okay, 3 problems:
    1: If I kill all the snake things with greater light/darkness, and then talk to the red-haired dude after they're dead, the game freezes.
    i will check that out.
    Edit: That was befcause I forgat to check the "Ignore Impossible Moves" thing in the Event Movement Command. So your were in front of the guy and he coudn't pass :-/.
    2: I can go under most of the tank.
    ..I'm guessing you are new to rmxp :-/. Rmxp Event Passability only supports 32*32, you would need the Event Size script somewhere in hbgames.org to solve this issue.
    3: There's no hit sprite for the main character as a soldier, if you get hit it says "unable to find merc-hit" and crashes.
    I'm not a spriter, I'm a scripter.
    « Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 10:27:10 PM by Mr.Mo »

You could at least like, copy and paste the original sheet and rename it so it looks like nothing happens. At least the game wouldn't crash.
    Current project:

Rep:
    Level 88
    You are right. The next demo will be a short game so this problem won't be experienced hopefully :)

Rep:
    Level 102
    Where can I get SDK?

Rep:
    Level 88
    in the demo.

pokeball kaiOffline
    It says: Cant find Character graphic Fighter01 hit, but it is there. And how come I cannot attack him?

I have a weird problem. I copied everything directly from your demo, including the SDK, and when I go into the menu and push down, the cursor goes down but it also exits the menu. I play your demo, and it obviously doesn't do that. Somehow in copying everything over it made the down key be the equivalent to the escape key. Any idea how?

Rep:
    Level 88
    Yo Dawg
    Sorry to bother but when it comes to scripting im am 100% NOOB so i have no clue where to put what or were to find what... Could you possibly help? :-[, also i was wondering if you could save the game file (now accual game) so i can open it in pos knight edition?
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 02:57:51 PM by superjake »
    Projects:
    :)

Rep:
    Level 88
    yea!!
    will this work in pk knights edition
    mark

Rep:
    Level 88
    Great script but when i try to save a game it wont let me load.

I love Firerain
    Rep:
    Level 97
    =D
    By the way Mr.Mo, sorry for the late reply, but, this is Fabulous.

+rep
    Arlen is hot.

Crew Slut
    Rep:
    Level 93
    You'll love it!
    For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
    Uh, I don't know how to work it. It downloaded as a .rar and it wont open as anything. Please help...

And how can I use the script in a game?

A Random Custom Title
    Rep:
    Level 96
    wah
    Can you post the script and stuff on here? I can't seem to be able to open up the demo in both the PK version and the real version of RPG Maker XP.

Rep:
    Level 88
    yea!!
    ya none of the text wont show up so help me???? on everything the menu and messages
    mark